Thursday, September 3, 2009





September...
another month for rushing

So, we've spent the better part of this year rushing around and trying to get to a place where we can breath... and 9 months in all I can say is that breathing is something that rarely happens - in that sense - since life is meant to be lived and life with 3 kids is meant to be experienced.
A year ago, celebrating my birthday with family and friends I never dreamed that I would have the year I've had. Let's see... we celebrated Lydia's Birthday with a princess party, then we camped out in what john said would be an "ample" tent at Hueston Woods for Halloween (this was a jr. pup tent and John, Layla and myself crammed in it with the outline of our bodies completely visible as they were pressed to the edges. OUCH. Then, Rooster's Birthday with Mary at the Lodge and Thanksgiving with family. Christmas came, a Dollar Store Christmas, but one brimming with gifts and the kids seem to love it better than any Christmas before. The end of January brought Layla's sickness and February brought her miraculous cure. March the end of John's job at Wyoming steel and the beginning of a financial spiral. Layla turned 1 and John got SOBER! Somewhere in the midst of all this I took Jessica on as my first portfolio building "client" and made my first dollar in photography (which I still need to frame). John turned 29 and the cable and phone got shut off... the kids discovered the "Jesus Channels" and began singing "Jesus Loves Me" night and day. Our DVD player broke and we got a sweet one on sale! YAY! John did some under the table work for Dave Brewer and the kids got to set in a real 1918 ford ;) and ride a vintage "whirly-bird"... we went to the beach over and over and Rooster not only conquered his fear of deep water but tackled it head on with that great belly laugh he has. Layla thinks she can jump ;). Lydia nearly started kindergarten -- stupid Preble Shawnee -- but ended up staying with us one more year and started working in her "ready for kindergarten" workbook! I got in a fight with Doc Tomson and vowed to never return to his office... and I won't be. And now... well... who knows what the next year will bring.

Thank You all for making this past year such a blessing and here's to another year of miracles!

xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment