Tuesday, January 19, 2010

{ 1986 }


{ 1986 }

easter, 1986, bonnet and sundress, ready to hunt some eggs.

how can it be that this is me, that I actually was this little, and that I was someone's baby. How is it that more than twenty years have passed. life is funny, like that.

I have the most gorgeous, wonderful parents. They are and were so kind to me... taught me so much and were so patient with me. I was blessed to have them, that God let me be their daughter and that even into adulthood I still have them, guiding me ever so gently and being there in every way.
My mom had me when she was 20, and I had Lydia when I was twenty too... so she has been there at the same stage in her life as I was. We have walked such similar paths and she did so, much more gracefully than I. When a woman stands in front of you, strong and wise, you forget that she was once the same age as you, feeling the same feelings... seeing things the same. Daughters are blessed to have mothers. Even if they make mistakes. A mother is like nothing else.
My Daddy, who I still call Daddy is my hero. I know they say all little girls feel that way, but the truth is... he is my hero. Growing up he was this bigger than life, cooler than any other guy. I just knew he was the strongest, tallest, fastest and toughest. :) My daddy, well, he just loves me, and that means the world to me.

I better quite typing, I'm getting all misty-eyed. But... I love my parents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment