Saturday, January 30, 2010

I am so thankful for ... { catching up }


...So, I got behind on my thirty one reasons project, but I am going to get caught up NOW in this one post...

I am so thankful for sippy cups...
January Grateful Daily Project
26 of 31

I am so thankful for sippy cups...

Do I even need to elaborate :) In a hectic day we moms can all be thankful for a little invention that makes our lives a little less messy... ;)

I am so thankful for Alice, in wonderland
January Grateful Daily Project
27 of 31

I am so thankful for Alice, in Wonderland ...

For all the wonder she still excites in me, for that transportation to another world and for all the dreams from my childhood.

I am so thankful for a creative daughter ...
January Grateful Daily Project
28 of 31

I am so thankful for a creative daughter ...

I think I have said before, Lydia is all about this "going green" stuff, she chants "reduse reuse recycle" all day long and tries to collect any and all trash for "projects and inventions" While, room cleaning day is stressful for the mountains of "inventions" that have to be tossed, I admire her creative ambition and her desire to preserve the resources we have. She is such a little hippie and I wish I was more like her...

I am so thankful for this ever-messy face ...
January Grateful Daily Project
29 of 31

I am so thankful for this ever-messy face ...

This little miss gets at least 2 baths a day, and about 10 major wipe downs and 3 outfit changes... she is so messy! But she wants to do everything herself and I am trying to embrace that self-confident way she has about her... and foster that security and drive... so till then, I will just keep cleaning her up :)

I am so thankful for sweet gestures when you least expect it ...
January Grateful Daily Project
30 of 31

I am so thankful for sweet gestures when you least expect it ...

Today was a long day, and as it was winding down I had a knock at the door, it was Amanda, my Brother in Law's fiance... with a prayer bracelet, she said she thought I might need it, or like it.
While I am dealing quite well with my grief, the gesture really touched me, I read the inscription, Love Live Laugh, and hugged her. I treasure things like this, when you feel the hope and the charity that still beats in this world.

1 comments:

Jenn on January 31, 2010 at 8:06 AM said...

We all have many things to be thankful for and I have to say that I can relate to everything that you've mentioned here.

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorites too...and your daughters messy face is completely priceless.

Post a Comment