Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am so thankful for my little red chair...


I am so thankful for my little red chair...

January Grateful Daily
24 of 31

I am so thankful for my little red chair...

brown, and broken down, ready to be trashed when the weekend sales were over, I delighted in finding this treasure accidentally. I carried it home with plans.
I pulled out a red can of spray paint and coated the already peeling paint in a nice thick layer. LOVE! it will probably one day be my little pink chair, my little robins egg blue chair, maybe my green or black chair, but it will always be special and it will always be the perfect spot for a child to sit.

2 comments:

Jenn on January 26, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

I tried to post a comment a few minutes ago and it didn't go through so I am going to try again because of how much I adore your little red chair...

When my husband's grandfather passed away, his parents allowed us to go through his home and pick out anything that we wanted before it went up to sale at auction. After sorting through tons and tons of things, the only thing I took away from it all was a little red chair. It's worn and old and looks like it has seen many years of use but I absolutely adore the thing. It sits in my living room with a picture and my 'sticks' from our wedding.

I don't think I could ever paint it. I am just in love with how raw and natural and worn it seems. The picture of your chair is just beautiful. I simply adore it.

Beverly on February 1, 2010 at 7:26 PM said...

love that red chair too

Post a Comment