Monday, January 18, 2010

... peace ...


- peace -

I had some errands to run today, and after I checked the word of the week for a flickr group I'm in I headed out to enjoy the peaceful morning and capture it, since that word of the week was "peace".

peace, what a concept, what a broad spectrum.

I have peace in my relationship with Jesus Christ... in the knowing that he can carry me through any and all obstacles I face. Peace in the promises of heaven and my blessings here on earth.

I have peace during these morning rides, when all the world is either off to work or still having breakfast in their cozy homes. It was before 10 when i headed out. It's my favorite time of day. the air is still clean and fresh, the fields are still and you just feel "at peace" in every sense, I poke along at 45 miles per hour just enjoying it, listening to the kids talk and sing.

I have peace everyday that I wake up to my kids waking up. It may sound slightly morbid but I tend to have unfounded fears of loosing my kids, that someone might steal them, that they might stop breathing in the night, that that little bump they got on the head might be a concussion. I really try to put these fears in their place, but everyday when i wake up to them tornado-ing through the house, I breathe a sigh of relief and feel an overwhelming peace about things.

Peace to me is more than just silence, it's a state of mind... accepting that nothing is perfect, it never will be... and that it's okay, because what matters is already mine...

Have a peaceful week, hugs

1 comments:

Linda on January 20, 2010 at 6:03 AM said...

I love the writing on peace. thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos. Your work is a wonderful gift.
Linda

Post a Comment