Saturday, January 23, 2010

...that was when i carried you...


Today is one of those days that reminds me of the "footprints" poem...

when you saw only one set of footprints... That was when I carried you.

It was a day where you rejoice... and you wonder... you feel tested and you feel free. Days like that tend to be melancholy... but... I am thankful for them. They keep me grounded, and ever-so humble. They also make for fond memories when I look back on them.

It was in the upper 40's today... we went to the park, for just a bit... I was planning on being there before noon, unfortunately it had to wait till 3:45 but... we did get to go and the kids did have a blast!
I love the "off" weather we have been having. It's wonderful!

sisters are forever

(more photos on flickr)

4 comments:

Amber Rosie on January 23, 2010 at 6:00 PM said...

This photo is probably my favorite of the set, it reminds me a little of the one of Rooster and Gracie in the field.

Johnna Riddell on January 23, 2010 at 6:10 PM said...

Me too, thanks ;) it's my fave too. Lydia is putting her boot back on, my heart sings at moments like that.

Beth Simmons on January 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM said...

No matter how old your children are, it will make your heart sing to see them loving and caring with each other. Almost nothing makes a mom's heart happier.

Maegan Beishline on January 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM said...

I get choked up every time I read that line! So glad you were able to get out and enjoy this crazy warm weather.

Post a Comment