Thursday, January 21, 2010

think deep thoughts...


i warn you now, this may be long...

rainy day sparkle

I have been doing a lot of thinking today, about where I am in my life and in my self-discovery... I know it sounds a little corny when you say it like that, but up until last year I couldn't separate myself (in my mind) from my roles as a mother and wife. Maybe all momma's struggle with that, but I found myself lost when I didn't have something to tend to. I felt weird, to say the least, and I struggled to figure out who I was...

Last year I feel like I really embraced my own interests... like photography, and writing again, but this year I want to focus on making myself a better person, inside and out...

This is day 2 of the diet. I feel like the biggest pansy. I struggle with things like this, and it's not like it is THAT hard, ya know. This is longer than i usually make it though and I think this might be the first time that I am changing my eating habits for the right reasons. Sure, the weight loss is going to boost my confidence, but just feeling better and having more energy is the goal. I have put this off for way too long and I am ready to be a healthier mom and a better example. Of course, 2 days in, I haven't lost any weight, but my stomach is already flatter since it isn't full of oatmeal cream pies ;) And, I like the way drinking more water is so simple and it makes this HUGE difference. My goal is 20 pounds... I know I can do it... and I cannot wait to get there!

Also...
I got outside today, for a little bit, and got some raindrop photos like I had been wanting too... it was exciting, at least for me, since I knew what I wanted. I came close but I need more practice. Other than the rain drops I got a few other shots... see below...
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
rainy day @ huestons woods
It was really pretty out, if it hadn't been raining and muddy it would have been awesome... Saturday it's supposed to be 45 so I am going to try to talk my sister and brother into a photo shoot... wish me luck with that ;)

And, I actually got the start of a poem onto paper today... I like where it's headed :)

I think I've finally found where I belong
Amidst the evergreens and early morning fog
Winding the back roads of someone else's town
... and I'll be around ... I'll be around ...

Somewhere between here and there
Where the promise of simplicity still lingers in the air
And there is nothing left to hold me...
I can find myself free ... find myself free ...

well... I know, it isn't much, but all the same it was a productive day ;)

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Corin on January 22, 2010 at 12:55 AM said...

Johnna,
I follow your flickr stream and I love your work! Now I find out you're an amazing poet as well! I feel like we're kindred spirits, I write too. But for some reason I tend to keep my writing (and a lot of my art work, paintings, drawings) VERY private. I want to change that though.

Anyway, I just want to thank you for giving me the push to let my writting out of the dark! I think maybe I will finally post my favorite poem (I wrote it for my son a week after he was born).

Your photography and writting are both beautiful! Keep up the amazing work :D

~Corin

Denise on January 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM said...

i love your poem! You photos are always soooo beautiful and peaceful....

Johnna Riddell on January 22, 2010 at 4:55 AM said...

o gosh, ladies, thank you... that means so much.

Maegan Beishline on January 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM said...

Good for you for making positive changes {for the right reasons}! I constantly feel like a work in progress. Your pictures are gorgeous! I always feel so much better after I've gotten out with my camera for a while.

Amber Rosie on January 22, 2010 at 6:57 PM said...

Loved the blog. I have always loved your writing, and glad to see the poet come back out. I had missed that. It always inspires me to write. And I think that I would tonight if I was not so tired! :) Good luck with your brother and sister.

I miss you so much.

Post a Comment