Saturday, January 30, 2010

what.a.day


what.a.day

what a day ...

I know it could be worse, but i'm really thrilled to be saying "goodbye" to this week.

today was my great gran's funeral which was just surreal. i just felt so bad for my granny and daddy ... at the same time i wanted to be a million miles away. on the upside, my cousin Thom, who's in the army, came up with my aunt. i hadn't seen him in like 2, maybe 3 years, so i just kept hugging him :).

family dynamics are so in your face in times of sadness, people trying to hold on to hope that they won't be alone when they die and hoping that the mistakes they've made weren't really as big as they know they are. they hug and kiss and share i love you's, all the while we know we won't be any closer tomarrow than we were yesterday. it's sad. it takes it all out of me... i think because, I DIDN'T WANT IT THIS WAY...

3 comments:

Amber Rosie on January 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM said...

Funerals always drain me too, and just for the reasons you listed. I am really glad Thom was there.

I am so sorry about your great gran. I had missed the blog you posted about her passing somehow. It is always hard to lose someone, but I just keep thinking of all the amazing things she saw in her long life. What amazing stories you will get to hear again one day.

Beth Simmons on January 30, 2010 at 8:08 PM said...

I was afraid it might be a hard day for you. Funerals for elderly family members can be good and bad. It can bring family together and it can be awkward. Sounds like you had some of both. Wish I could give you a hug! But I will say a prayer for your hurting heart.
On a lighter note, you still look amazingly gorgeous!

Johnna Riddell on January 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM said...

thank you both, everyone keeps saying "are you okay?" and I really am... but it is still hard.

Post a Comment