Wednesday, February 24, 2010

At Rest



At Rest

Sometimes the "perfect" shot isn't about how much we've learned or composing the shot just right... It's about seeing, taking your time and feeling the photo. Whether it's as simple as your baby girls "piggers" of someone looking out a window... It could be anything... Photography should, at it's core, be something highly personal. It shouldn't be rushed and it should be enjoyed fully.
Being "At Rest" is what makes things fall into place.
This whole series was shot in a 30 minute time frame, while Layla scribbled on some paper in the large window of our laundry room. She isn't freshly bathes, she doesn't have her hair in adorable pig tails, there is no set up, it's just how our life really is.
Everyday we have the oppertunity to view the world, inside our homes and out, as the beautiful place it is. To see it as a child and to love it, for all it's faults. To embrace the reasons life is worth living... and all the blessings we have.
I want to take more time to SEE the world, to let go of my idea of "right" because when I do... my photos mean more to me. I want to keep learning, but I started this journey to enjoy and to find a part of myself. So I must always carve out a spot for shoots like these.

0 comments:

Post a Comment