Thursday, February 18, 2010

{ Canon Love }


I wrote this a few days back, and since I now have the internet I am blogging here a little late...

February 13 2010
Saturday

I miss you…

I miss you, flickr, face book and blogger friends. I miss your lovely photos, touching words and status updates.
We don’t have the internet now, so I am blogging on my desktop and will hopefully be able to transfer them over soon.

Things have been busy here though…

I didn’t want to jinx it, so I haven’t mentioned it, but since now, it is sitting here beside me, I will spill… John bought me my Canon dSLR! The EOS Rebel xsi! The one I have wanted for, almost, 2 years now. WOW, it seems unreal! The switch from Point and Shoot to dslr was one that was even bigger that expected! I feel like now, I hold in my hands a better tool, the right tool for the job. I also appreciate it even more that I thought. For the last 2 years I have been trying to “earn” it, and not just in a cost sense, but in an “effort” sense. I refused to let myself think that I couldn’t learn with the ample point and shoot I had, I sought out the things I wanted to learn and thanks to flickr I conquered many obstacles and started to find my niche with editing. I developed a personal taste and worked around the blocks with my camera to achieve pleasing results, now… I am by far no pro, and still have much MUCH to learn, but… I feel like now I am to the place to really move forward. Can you tell I am excited? ;)
I am forcing myself to shoot in manual focus, which is a little frustrating. It’s like, starting over in a way… but… it’s a really cool feeling. And I love having more control over everything my camera is doing. I am in awe of the “bokeh” I can achieve now… wow…

My Hubby is the Best!

On a different note, I got a laptop too. John is waiting to get his, but I am loving this, I installed pse7 to it tonight and edited some photos. I love having something of my own, my own little space to edit and search and write yay! It’s like a “super diary”.

Since I will probably be super duper busy tomorrow, Happy Valentines Day to all of you!

My Mother in Law made the girls these adorable pillowcase style dresses for Valentines, and we bought turtle necks and tights and leggings to go underneath. They’re so precious. Roost is going to wear his white dress shirt with a red tee underneath so I can’t wait to get a photo of them all decked out together. Yay! Kids are so cute!  Speaking of Mother in Law, Sheila and I had a great time today, Lydia, Layla and the 2 of us had a great time today, shopping and visiting.  I love that we get along so well.

Well, have a great night and I will, hopefully, see you soon!
xox

4 comments:

keli.h on February 18, 2010 at 4:23 PM said...

congrats on your new camera & laptop!!! so so happy for you - you will notice such a huge difference in your photos. i can't wait!! xoxo

Beth Simmons on February 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM said...

I'm so so happy for you! You are already posting great shots with it, but I knew you would:)

Amber Rosie on February 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM said...

I am throughly excited for you!!! Sounds like things are going so well! Your work with the new camera is amazing!

Becca on February 20, 2010 at 5:45 AM said...

yay! :-) enjoy it!!

Post a Comment