Monday, February 1, 2010

hello, sweet february ...


2-1-201037labeledcopy.jpg from here picture by johnnariddell

I had a splendid day!

I didn't pick up my camera much but I spent my day with family, laughing, snacking and playing card games :) It was a delight, pure bliss. I love these days, when memories are being made all around you and the whole family is just beaming with love and joy.
Thom and my Aunt Donna were up, they came for the funeral and are leaving at 6 am Tuesday... so I told mom I was going to come over to visit Monday, and I did, from 11:30 till 7:30 we just enjoyed eachothers company. It sounds silly, but I will be on this high for days :)

2-1-20102copy.jpg everyday : cousins picture by johnnariddell 2-1-20104copy.jpg everyday : family picture by johnnariddell

Anyway, while I was busy playing cards, Rooster was given permission to take photos, and he got some really good ones, he took the one at the top of the post (which i totally adore ) and this one of Lydia. I get so delighted with the fact that he loves to take pictures too :)

2-1-201023copywithlabel.jpg sister picture by johnnariddell

The one thing I did do, flickr and photo related was get my "femininity" shot done for parallel visions :) I wanted to do something different, not lace or makeup, and baby's breath seemed the perfect compromise :)

feminity.jpg - femininity - picture by johnnariddell

I also worked on my song/poem today, it really just came to me...

This world is full of changing times
Sifting sands of an ageless tide
It's full of secrets and it's full of lies
the mournful, soft, sweet lullabies
It's full of long, deep blue winters
And orange summer skies
So full of promises...
So full of good-byes

And, I think I finally know where I belong
Dancing between the verses of an early folk song
And clinging to a memory, for which, I cannot grieve --
And for a moment, thinking,
You're standing next to me...

Here's to the perfect start to the LOVE month
xox

6 comments:

Amber Rosie on February 2, 2010 at 7:15 AM said...

What a great start to the month! Rooster is quite the photographer. That photo of Lydia is really great- tell him Great composition! :)

I love the picture of everyone at the table. Sometime when you are coming to Nana's, drop me an email!

annie on February 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM said...

those type of days spent laughing and snacking and being with family are truly the best memories made, I am in complete agreement! :) It's definitely not silly to be on that high for days, for its the best kind of feeling out there!
Your son is becoming quite the photographer! He's learning and taking after a veryy talented lady! :)

Maegan Beishline on February 2, 2010 at 7:21 AM said...

I love those days that you can just sit and enjoy and be present...they are so healing for the soul! And your little man has some killer photog skills! Johnna...I want that poem/song framed, on my wall, singing in my mp3...it is awesome! Do you sing?

Jenn on February 2, 2010 at 11:15 AM said...

Your poem/song is beautiful, Johnna. Family can always lighten your heart, or mine can anyway. I'm glad you had a great Monday. I love Mondays. <3

Beth Simmons on February 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM said...

Is there no end to your talent? The poem or maybe song is great! As for a day of family, now that is priceless. I so know what you are talking about. Just hanging out with no agenda except to be with each other. I'm glad you had that kind of day!

Beverly on February 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM said...

great photos. sounds like a lovely day.

Post a Comment