Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Intensity



Intensity

No task is too small for a child to not give it their full intensity, they experience everything to it's utmost. Poor Layla poked her hand with the pen 3 times while "drawing". She kept making swirls and showing them to me, so proud. I love that she doesn't even acknowledge the camera that's snapping these photos, that what she is doing is important to her.
I want to approach all my tasks, be it photography or writing even housework, or the most important being a Mother and Wife with as great intensity... I don't want to get distracted or waver from what I know is right. I want to delight in my tasks and find the blessing in them, everyday.

2 comments:

Amber Rosie on February 24, 2010 at 8:51 AM said...

You are right, a child's intensity is amazing, we would all be better off if we were so concentrated on our lives like that- well only on the things that we need to be, not so much on anger and hate and the like.

Beth Simmons on February 24, 2010 at 3:39 PM said...

Beautiful words and insight! And I adore this photo of Layla!

Post a Comment