Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Three Perspectives Project { home }




3 of 52
Home

Left to Right
Sarah, Johnna and Maegan

I am so excited about this project with Maegan and Sarah, working with such amazing photographers is really going to inspire me to be so much better! It's sure to be a great year!!

Visit their Photostreams here
Maegan :: www.flickr.com/photos/mbeasoap/
Sarah :: www.flickr.com/photos/sarahlizzyphotos/

home2copy.jpg picture by johnnariddell

I had a lot of trouble with the theme... I wanted it to be special and everything I tried to photograph ended up trashed, I was busy and struggled to get focused on the theme. But driving home, along these tracks I so often find myself next to, I thought of all the people traveling home, all of us headed towards familiarity.
the truth is, home isn't really a place... it can be, but it is more of the safety and security of the things we treasure. memories, hobbies, family, and unity. It, in essence is the greatest truth.

2 comments:

Jenn on February 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM said...

Trains have always been a symbol of 'home' for me. No matter where I've grown up, I've played and slept and ate and did all of those 'every day' things with the sound of a train whistle near by. I was so thankful when my husband and I moved to Troy and still had the train-tracks close by. It's hard to believe but I welcome the crazy loud horn, even in the middle of the night.

You're picture is just wonderful, as usual.

Maegan Beishline on February 3, 2010 at 5:17 PM said...

Totally agree! And I adore your image! I, too, struggled with the theme until I saw this statue in the cemetary at Rayne's school. I just felt that His arms were home.

Post a Comment