Monday, March 22, 2010

Being the Bad Guy


There are days when I think, I may literally DIE if I have to share them with anyone at all... 

When we are at home, at the store, or visiting our family...  It's my job to be the MOM in every sense... to make sure they stick to schedules, to set the punishments, to be the one who says NO... I enforce the rules, I am the party pooper... the bad guy. And it should be that way, I want it to be... I like knowing that I have the gift of teaching them. No, it isn't that I am always saying NO or sending someone to the corner, but It's my job to make sure that they know right from wrong...

But when we are outside, playing, Just the four of us... I don't have to be a bad guy. I get to be the wonderful friend, the one that helps them onto the swings, pushes them almost  to the sky, the one who rolls around in the sand and shares picnics. Who makes houses out of twigs and halo's out of flowers. I am the one who runs with them... I am the one who makes them giggle.

I am their Mommy... their friend.

6 comments:

Beth Simmons on March 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM said...

I just can't tell you how much I love all of these fun filled images! And your beautiful words make them even more meaningful. I'm so glad that you have been able to enjoy the great weather outside with your children. I love the photo of Rooster jumping off the merry go round:) Great timing! My Naomi made a similar post on her blog of some great park time! It's just wonderful isn't it!!!

Amber Rosie on March 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM said...

It looks like you had a great time being a friend in these pictures. They are all fabulous.

Maegan Beishline on March 22, 2010 at 12:27 PM said...

I soooo know what you mean, Johnna! I love playing outside for that very same reason! Well said...and with such gorgeous photos!

Kristi on March 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

What a beautiful post! I understand what you mean...I do like being friend more...I'm more popular when I am their friend. :)

Andrew, Naomi, Madeline and Oliver on March 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM said...

I guess we had the same idea this past week. The park is wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog. Your kids are adorable! And your photography is beautiful!

Misty Wallace on March 23, 2010 at 6:22 AM said...

Beautiful Photos!! Love what yo wrote It is so true....Thanks for sharing. You seem like an amazing woman and Mother!! I feel blessed to "know" you if only through your blog and flickr. Thanks for sharing!! God Bless you and your family!! :)

Post a Comment