Thursday, March 11, 2010

keeping the Focus, Keeping the Faith




... if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

 

I find, at the moments when the seasons change, an awakening in myself. With the Earth's new colors and smells, I am a child again. I imagine a fantastic amount of adventures, with all sorts of discoveries and triumps. I see things as brand new and interesting... for days I am astounded by what has come and gone all the years of my life. As learn and age my perspectives change and I have went from a child full of wonder, to a young girl full of hope... a new mother full of fears to a woman, full of faith.
I loose focus sometimes. In all the excitement of Spring's sweet arrival, my mind is reeling. I wanted to take a moment, since I haven't stopped in so many days now... to get my focus back and remind myself of all the promises of a faithful heart.
 























This spring I will...

walk as many places as possible
i will have picnics no less than once a month
i will take my babies to the park every week
i will get muddy and wet and not care
i will go shooting photos with my sister
i will go shooting photos with my cousin
i will feed the ducks and geese
i will go fishing
i will finger paint on several occassions
i will visit my grandparents more often
i will skip rocks at the creek
i will let the babies play in the rain
i will "forget' my chores and play once a week
i will laugh harder
i will love something outside my family every day
i will complain less
i will sing
i will just breathe.























and I will embrace this song that betty boop sang, and lydia adopted as her theme song...

Keep a little song handy
Wherever you go
And nothing can ever go wrong!
Boop-oop-a-doop!
Keep a little song handy
And sure as you know
Sunshine will follow along!

Any little single jingle
That set's the toes-a-tingle
Is welcome when you mingle
In any single song! Oh!

Keep a little song handy
Wherever you go
And nothing can ever go --
Boopie-oopie-doop-a-doop Boop-oop-a-doop!























have the most magical spring... xox

3 comments:

Linda on March 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM said...

I absolutely loved every word of this. I love the verse... as a mustard seed. I could tell you loved the Lord.... with out saying a word.... It shows in your work. And I have to tell you, I always remember who you are because your name, is the name I chose if I had a girl. I did not get use the name sadly but when I hear it I smile. I wish my blog was this nice.

Denise on March 11, 2010 at 6:12 PM said...

what a great list!!! We can all learn from you. I love all your shots........they are all so gorgeous with that texture!

Maegan Beishline on March 12, 2010 at 5:02 AM said...

What a beautiful post, Johnna! I find myself to be all child-like and excited these days as well. I love your promises...I need to make some of those to myself as well!

Post a Comment