Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Once Upon A Time :: FREE Vintage Actions


So, I know, I need to get a little more organized with my blog, and I am doing a horrible job... But I was hoping that if i put these actions up for download you could all let me know what you think...


Whisper

This action started as a black and white action, my hazy black and white... but the action, when you turn the gradient map off has such lovely tones. I really like it, and use it a lot! :)


Download Whisper Here  -- again, the action runs black and white, turn off the gradient map to give you the color.


1970's Summer

I don't know that ya'all will use this very often, but it's  kind of fun action, for certain photos, giving them that blown out and red toned look of photos from the 1970s :)


Download 1970's Summer Action Here

Faded Morning

This is a pretty hazy, light, blue toned action ... It can easily be toned down.



Download the Faded Morning Action Here

Lost

This is one of the darker actions. I prefer a hazier, lighter look usually, but I love this for photos with green in them!

 


Sinking Sun

This has warm tones... but it's still pretty light.


Download Sinking Sun Action Here

StoryBook Vintage

Another Darker Action, but with rich, aged tones. Another I love for grassy shots ;)




Download StoryBook Vintage Action Here


I would love some honest feedback on these, and they should work in any version of PS :) I tried them in elements, and they worked, but I am totally new to this, so I look for there to be some issues. Let me know if the links work too... 


And I hope you can enjoy them :)

24 comments:

Kristi on March 30, 2010 at 4:50 PM said...

Johnna, these look amazing and I'm blown away with your talent. I will have to try them out and let you know how they work. You are so kind to share! ♥

michelle leudy said...

hi I have only had a chance to try out the first one.. whisper I believe but I love it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Beth Simmons on March 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM said...

Thanks so much! I'm going to install these great actions right now:)

Kris's Kaptured Moments on March 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM said...

these look so fantastic.. the names are so beautiful for these actions...Congrats
You are so sweet to share..

full of bliss on March 30, 2010 at 8:07 PM said...

My word girlie!!! These are so amazing. I can't believe what a sweetheart you are to be sharing your mad crazy talent for processing with us all. How lucky are we!!! These look so beautiful. You never cease to blow me away. I don't know how you do it all. I finially downloaded PSE8, after years and years of using Cheap-o Corel Paint Shop I decided to give PS a try. I'm already hooked and feel the need to upgrade. All that being said, I got it just in time to enjoy your beautiful actions...woohoo!!!
Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your talent!
xoxo~Bekah

Dani³ on March 31, 2010 at 1:20 AM said...

these looks so fabulous!!! thank you so much for sharing your talent. :D

Shell on March 31, 2010 at 1:59 AM said...

Thank you so so so much for these gorgeous actions!! I just tested them all out in PSE 8 and they work great =D!!
Thanks again for sharing your talent!!
Shell

Amber Rosie on March 31, 2010 at 8:00 AM said...

Johnna, you amaze me. I cannot wait to use some of these. Wonderful job!

janine on April 3, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

I've been wondering what actions you use on your images and now here you are sharing them with the rest of us! Thank you so much - I'm super excited about seeing what they do to my endless supply of photos of small boys playing football and cricket :)

Catherine on April 5, 2010 at 6:16 PM said...

You are so kind to share! I love your work. I'm a contact on Flickr. Thank you so much for inspiring me!

Star Portraits on April 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM said...

Johnna, your talent blooms more & more everyday! I'm hoping I can get a new laptop after our tax return. I can't download one more piece of memory on here, but I can't wait to try your actions out. {{Hugs!}}

mybricole.com on April 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM said...

Thanks for sharing these. I'm having lots of fun playing with them.

Denise on April 8, 2010 at 7:37 PM said...

Fingers crossed they work in PSE7...at least I know where to install .atn files! Thanks so much...will let you know how/if they work for me.

Andrew, Naomi, Madeline and Oliver on April 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM said...

You are so talented! How do you find the time to work on all this stuff? You must stay up really late.

Denise on April 10, 2010 at 9:43 PM said...

Thank you SO MUCH. I used 1970s Summer on this photo, then converted it to B&W to counteract the orange ;) Love the flare on this action!
http://tinyurl.com/ya47ewj
(credited you here & at Get It Scrapped, where I am taking a Digital Techniques for Art Journaling class.)

Debra Heschl's Photography on April 11, 2010 at 3:40 PM said...

You are so kind to share, I am so excited to use these:) Thanks Again!!

Rice Lake Photography on May 2, 2010 at 7:15 PM said...

Wow.... Thank you sooo much for sharing these actions. They are beautiful and I can't wait to try them out!

Diana by Lagoa Design Studio on May 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM said...

I'm thankful. Soooo very much!

Blessings
Diana

Anonymous said...

You are so great to share these awesome actions! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Oh those look fabulous!! Thank you so much for sharing!! :)

Rebecca on May 18, 2010 at 6:23 AM said...

I love these.... but I can't get them to work with photoshop elements 8. I would need the png file.

Crystal on May 23, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

Found you through Rita on Coffee Shop. Thanks for these, and thank you for remembering us Elements users!

Adictaaloscomplementos on June 7, 2010 at 7:35 AM said...

so beautiful!
thanks a lot :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love 1970's summer. So pretty. Thanks so much!

Post a Comment