Friday, March 26, 2010

Realities and Blessings : Week Two


Here I am with my second installment of  “Realities and Blessings”, the brain child of Maegen At “A Life Set to Words”… I think this is such a wonderful thing to do, a great way to reflect on your week and know that we have so much to be grateful for.

Realities and Blessings : Week Two


: Reality :

I woke up at 5 something to the bitter reality that it had snowed. That all my plans for a springy-time afternoon spent sidewalk chalking and picnics in the yard were dashed. Devastated.

: Blessing :

Snow days make me appreciate Spring all the more, it’s why I don’t take picnics and side walk chalk for granted. At least it was only a dusting of snow and by 2:30 most of it was melted. The kids made forts and our day spent in has been one full of laughter.


: Reality :

I don’t think there is one square inch of our living room walls that isn’t covered in some kind of mark… pencil, chalk, crayon, marker, pen… you name it. And I have no way of painting over it right now…

: Blessing :

My children are all getting much better with their art, I can make things out without it being explained, I can see there knowledge of people’s unique features and what colors they like most. I can see that they are creative souls that long to express themselves… I know that someday, my home will have perfectly painted walls and no scattered toys, and when that day comes I will mourn these days, so for now, I’ll just enjoy.

 

: Reality :

The reality is, it’s payday and almost all of our money is gone… it’s like that every payday. None of it spent on super fun stuff, but on bleach, a $4.00 mop and other have-to-haves… and bills.

: Blessing :

O the blessing that comes in knowing that you have enough to pay your bills, clean your home, feed your babies and know that the hubs can stop by speedway for a coffee and hotdog after work. There was a time when we didn’t have enough for our bills, for our gas or even to have water. God has blessed us abundantly.


5 comments:

Beth Simmons on March 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM said...

I loved reading your realities and blessings! I really love this whole concept. All of these photos in this post are just stunning!

Maegan Beishline on March 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM said...

Oh, Johnna...I can relate to all of these...especially about the money being in and out on the same day! Love that you play along with the R&B's! xo

janine on March 26, 2010 at 3:56 PM said...

Some of your realities are shockingly like mine! Love your photos - can I ask what textures you use? There's such a lovely feel to them and your images.

Misty Wallace on March 26, 2010 at 7:42 PM said...

These are just wonderful!!! You put things so wonderfully in words ...You express yourself through the Photos and your words I just love it. My home is the same way crayon, markers, on the walls. I try hard to see it as a blessing for I know someday it will be quiet and clean and I know I will mourn these days also!! I will be praying God continues to pour out his blessings on you and your family.

full of bliss on March 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM said...

I love reading these. I love that it helps me feel connected to other moms out there who are facing the same realities I am, and it helps to remind me that I am blessed, and to look for those special blessings everyday. Once again your beautiful way with words and sweet honesty has touched my heart.

Post a Comment