Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So Much to Learn... ( a journey into still life photography )



I find it incredible, that the more you learn on any given subject, the more you realize how little you know. The more you grasp the more humble you become. 

Still Life, which I picked up enjoying in November of 2009, I didn't give the credit and respect it deserved. I thought, "O, this is pretty stuff, I'll take a photo" and it's so much more than that. It's an art... an amazing art!!

There are so many amazing Still Life Photographers on Flickr...


... just to name a few favorites ...



So ... something I want to do is, spend my spring collecting gorgeous flowers and vintage treasures to practice my still life photography on. If ya'all have any tips to throw out there, I am ALL EARS.

Our theme of the week for " The Three Perspectives " was LEARN, and it got me to thinking about all the things I want to learn and need to learn. I hope that I can, atleast, make a dent in that... and that I can be proud of my efforts.

Have a lovely Spring and I hope you Learn something New Everyday!!
xox

3 comments:

Maegan Beishline on March 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM said...

Personally, I think you're wonderful at still lifes...I like you show lots of detail. But i do understand the desire to improve at certain things. I'm always working on one genre or another. Thanks for the shout out...I'm truly honored!

Beth Simmons on March 18, 2010 at 8:17 AM said...

I love all of these images. I really love the soft pink background. Your ability to make simple everyday items look beautiful has always been evident to me. I can't imagine your still life photos getting even better!!!

barbara on March 18, 2010 at 9:16 AM said...

your still life images are always lovely... i don't think you need any help :)) thanks for mentioning me... i'm speechless :)

Post a Comment