Sunday, March 7, 2010

spring


I love this, outside 2 days in a row... perfect.
Rooster fell asleep on us girls so I took the little ladies outside to play around 5:00. It was so nice out. In the 50s, and while the sun was going down, the sky was still clear and blue.
This adorable little pigeon couple was wandering around the yard...
Lydia informs me that she is a "bird expert" and that she knows how to call to them ...
 "Awk Awk" she shrieks, oddly enough they came closer and seemed to enjoy her, uh, calls.
Layla plopped down beside me, hands outreached, saying " Bird, Bird, Birdie, Tweet" They got within 5 feet of us... watching us, watching them. It was magical, for the girls and for me.
  
There were all these wonderful signs of life everywhere... little bugs under blankets of leaves, melting snow revealing green, green grass, birds singing and flying everywhere, buds popping out on all the little trees and plants, and that clean smell that only comes with Spring.
we have been so blessed.

4 comments:

Jenn on March 7, 2010 at 6:36 PM said...

When the sun starts to shine and it's even the smallest bit warmer outside, I find it hard to sit still myself. Even if I'm stuck indoors, I find myself seated next to the window, allowing the sun to warm my skin gently. I just love it. I can't wait for spring to be here in full force.

Lovely pictures. You always have such a wonderful eye.

Beverly on March 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM said...

such beautiful photos. it does looks so lovely and spring like there.

Beth Simmons on March 8, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

I love all these pictures and the wonder of spring in them. Isn't it great!!! Like good medicine:) I'm glad you were able to enjoy this weather with your children.

Lindy Christopher on March 11, 2010 at 5:15 PM said...

beautiful! i love spring!

Post a Comment