Saturday, March 6, 2010

take the time ...


well, the better part of the day was spent cleaning. Layla's crib had been sitting in her room, unused ( except for impromptu toy storage for month .... MONTHS... It was recalled so, obviously I never put her back in it, and today I actually got it dissassymbled and taken out to the trash. It felt good, like I had conqured something huge. It was a small victory, but, I have to admit that it was overshadowed by the fact that I knew it was nice out and I wasn't able to be outside.
I finished the room and started on the mudroom, then the hallway and part of the kitchen. I feel like I am always deep cleaning something, always throwing out clutter and junk.



I know all the other women in the world deal with cleaning like this... but it is slightly frustrating. I made a pretty big dent though and took a break around 1:00. I pulled open all the curtains and opened the front door to let a bunch of light in. Layla loved it, and Rooster asked to go outside... Lydia talked about riding her bike. I finished my work, for the most part around 3, and told them we'd go out for a little bit...


It was glorious out, 50 degrees, bright, beeming sun, soft breeze and just perfect.

2 hours later... a walk, bubble blowing fiasco, jumping contest and 100 pictures later... we are inside, taking a rest.

Sorry to bombard you with so many photos... but we needed this... and I am so thankful.

God is so Good.
xox

4 comments:

Maegan Beishline on March 6, 2010 at 5:26 PM said...

Getting outside on a nice day is so refreshing! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the day! I find I'm constantly cleaning {ot needing to clean} as well. It is literally never ending! Oh, and I will be a total mess the day we get rid of our crib...are you okay? xoxo

Wall Style on March 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM said...

Hi there! I found your blog through our mutual friend, Beth Simmons, and I'm so glad I did!! Your photos and your writing are so beautiful. Thank you for being willing to share :) Mary

Amber Rosie on March 8, 2010 at 6:28 AM said...

I don't mind being 'bombarded' with your photos! I love it and glad you took several, it made me feel like I was there!

Beverly on March 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM said...

sounds like a busy, lovely day and such wonderful photos.

Post a Comment