Monday, March 1, 2010

Transitional


March is here and the overwhelming sense of calm is washing over me. It's been a less than perfect day, but the knowing that this is the first day of our "transitioning" month is all the peace I need.
At least here in Ohio, March means : snow to rain, coats to jackets, drifts to fog, dead looking branches to the first buds of spring, It means everything melts and sheds it's winter white, it means branches falling out of trees and the unscathed ones reach toward the sun, it means from 30 degrees to 40, then 50.
March isn't my favorite month, but it is the beginning of an awakening... one that has been a long time coming.

Finally we can get back to our walks and I can get outside with my camera more often. It means maple syrup and memories... Thank You Lord for bringing us here safe...


Today we spent the better part of the morning cleaning, Lydia and Rooster had really let their rooms go and it felt good to shake everything out. I really should be ashamed, their rooms are covered in crayon marks. But, someday all the walls will get a fresh coat of paint and new dressers, till then, there is no reason to fret over what I can't change. Besides, it really gives it character.;)

 

Hopefully I will be too busy in the next few days taking advantage of the fresh air, to be on here blogging... but either way, I want to wish you all a happy March and that it's one of the best and most blessed kind of change.

4 comments:

Amber Rosie on March 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM said...

I know what you mean about March, it is one of my least favorite months. It always seems like after the hoopla of December fades life is blah until April! Bad attitude, I know! :)

I hope you can get out and enjoy soon! I work the next 2 but will pick back up on Thursday and Friday before working the weekend.

Love you!

Mary Beth on March 1, 2010 at 5:08 PM said...

Happy March to you to! I live in Pittsburgh, so you described this welcomed month of transition perfectly :)
I am 3 weeks from having baby #3 so I did some nesting and cleaning of my boys room today too, and have to chuckle that their walls are also a bit covered in crayon...it is paneling painted white and we plan to replace it someday...so why not let them "decorate" :)

Maegan Beishline on March 2, 2010 at 11:12 AM said...

Happy March to you as well! You've welcomed her beautifully! We don't sweat the mess in our house either...too much good stuff in life to be cleaning all the time! Enjoy your fresh air! xo

Kristi on March 3, 2010 at 9:41 AM said...

Johnna, you have such a wonderful way with words and with expressing your feelings...I really admire that...it's something I'm working on. ♥

Post a Comment