Thursday, March 4, 2010

'Written on my History'




we walked between golden cornfield rows
and listened to earth, as she grows
we were too young, too much we couldn't know...

and summer suns they always set
and winter holds a painful debt,
o all the things we love, we can forget...

written on my history
of barefoot walks and silly dreams,
there is something left, so much, bigger than me...

though the details fade with passing time
the days i had, they are still mine,
no, no one can take that away tonight...

4 comments:

Beverly on March 4, 2010 at 9:20 PM said...

such a beautiful photo

Beth Simmons on March 5, 2010 at 6:37 AM said...

Beautiful poem Johnna. You never cease to amaze me.

Maegan Beishline on March 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM said...

Wow...awesome!

Amber Rosie on March 8, 2010 at 6:23 AM said...

This poem is perfect. I love it, and the photo really enhances it, or vice versa. I guess they just work really well together!

Post a Comment