Friday, April 30, 2010

Learning to Love Yourself




I am an ugly person... inside and out...
My hair is straight and has almost no volume, my toes are not cute, I have large hands.
I am not the 120lbs I should be or the 130 I want to be.
I don't have perfectly white teeth and I have a short stubby torso.

I have not liked someone based solely on the fact that they were prettier and thinner than me.
I have wished for someone to fail so that I would look more successful
I have done things out of spite
I have done the wrong thing to impress someone



I am a lovely person... inside and out...
I have dark hair and fair skin
I have full lips and long legs
I have naturally long lashes and normal nose.

I have done good things and not taken the credit
I have given people things when I needed to keep them
I have given second, third and fourth chances
I have been sincere every time I said "I Love You"

I will never be perfect, but I am not supposed to be... what matters is knowing I am worth the effort... and I am worth being loved.

13 comments:

Misty Wallace on April 30, 2010 at 10:44 AM said...

This is just wonderful. You have amazing eyes!! Great Photos. Love your openness and honesty!

Maegan Beishline on April 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM said...

*gasp*...Perfect! You, this, the whole bit! And I totally needed this today...thank you! You are gorgeous, btw!

Lori on April 30, 2010 at 11:12 AM said...

Amen.

Jenny on April 30, 2010 at 11:41 AM said...

Johnna, I love this. I needed to read this right now. You are a lovely, beautiful person, inside and out:-D
xo
Jenny

shaina on April 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM said...

this is perfection.
thank you for sharing your words and images.
<3

Kris's Kaptured Moments on April 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM said...

You are gorgeous, Johnna..Love your eyes and your beautiful hair...

Cindy Knull on April 30, 2010 at 1:39 PM said...

Um, this rocks so hard I don't even know what to say about it...except that it ROCKS. :)

Tammie said...

WOW!! This made me cry. How many of us feel exactly the way you first describe yourself, yet never REALLY acknowledge the good & positive parts of ourselves too??!! Thank you for this.

Corinne on April 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM said...

This was so lovely, I've got tears in my eyes. So much truth to all that you said, for everyone. We're all ugly and beautiful at the same time, it's keeping it in perspective and loving it all.
You're beautiful! :)

Amy Lynn on April 30, 2010 at 6:43 PM said...

Wow, what an amazing post. The pictures are pretty rockin' too. I especially was captured by the first one. Your eyes are gorgeous as are you! ALL of you. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made. . ."

{Amy} on April 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM said...

Oh, I love this Johnna! I know that every single one of us can relate to this...thanks for being a wonderful, honest example for all of us!
XO

Amber Rosie on May 1, 2010 at 6:09 AM said...

I love this! The photos are GORGEOUS! you touched on things that we all do, the things that make us human!

Laura King said...

Ummm yes you get me every time!

Post a Comment