Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Let me see things forever, as clearly as I see it now




Taking a moment to stop and watch the chaos around me… all in slow motion, all like a dance, whose steps have not been written. Everything hushes, the air, the room, my thoughts. I smile and catch the glimpse of childhood, and what it means to be free… and I am no longer angry… and I can rejoice in the dance.

Something about Springtime, and that each day, the world is new. That plants grow in a night 1, 2, 3 inches. That colors erupt along the un mowed grass, in violets, blue bells and dandelions. That the world is ready to cushion our bare toes and we tread along her pathways. Yes. Something in Springtime, reminds me, that life is each day and I need not over think it. All I have to do is take what comes, and greet it with eager reassurance… and if we fail, we have tomorrow.

Lord, Please… So humbly I ask you… Let me see things forever, as clearly as I see it now.

2 comments:

Beth Simmons on April 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM said...

Beautiful Johnna! Both the image and your words.

Teresa on April 21, 2010 at 2:12 PM said...

Beautifully written Johnna! I don't know what it is about springtime but it feels like starting over. Gorgeous image too!

Post a Comment