Friday, April 16, 2010

Realities and Blessing : Week Five


Hello Again ... Welcome Back... or just Welcome ( for those of you visiting for the first time) -- this is another week of Realities and Blessings...

Thanks to the Amazing Maegan of A Life Set to Words , who shared this inspiring idea and encouraged us to play along ... I am one of many women finding more blessings and more hope each day... thank you Maegan. xo


:: Reality ::
I woke up this morning with a mental list of chores to be done, tasks to be completed and it was quickly diffused by things out of my control. I was slightly irritated first... thinking, I'll admit, there goes the day...

:: Blessing ::
the most amazing thing happened... between the rainfall today the kids and I explored and enjoyed each other... we visited creeks and a lake, we visited a daffodil hill and a pirate ship... we played on swings and shared all kinds of not-so-good-for-us goodies. We were all happy and while they were loud and frees-spirited the entire trip, they did listen and they did mind and no one had to yell that was not doing so in pure joy!
Imagine, if I had stayed home and completed my list... what a gift I would have missed out on.


:: Reality ::
I miss my mommy... it's been what seems like forever since I saw her, and I am dying to just plop down in her cozy robe I always steal... with a cup of coffee full of hazelnut flavoring, and talk the afternoon away, about nothing and everything. I'm sad that I am busy and that she isn't feeling well...

:: Blessing ::
How Blessed am I that my Mom and I have such a wonderful relationship! How blessed am I that when a week goes by I am having with-drawls. Or that I live close enough to her that a week feels like forever... by the way, it hasn't even been a week. Truthfully, I am just blessed to have her :)


:: Reality ::
My once, tremendous little bed-time goer, has decided that she no longer needs to do so... all week I have been trying different things to get her to rest better... 

:: Blessing ::
then, last night, i just picked her up, snuggled her into a blanket, and rocked her. Layla doesn't usually like that, but now... she is all about it :) I have so missed this. O you don't even know... I just sat there holding her, looking at her eyes get heavier, watching her snuggle in closer, seeing the smile she was wearing turn into that relaxed "I'm asleep now" face. It's pure bliss.
Ya know... She will be my last. For so many reasons. And while my world feels whole in the 3 of them, I was aching for the days of snuggles, lullabies and nighttime giggles. I guess God knew how my heart was breaking...


4 comments:

Corinne on April 16, 2010 at 7:54 PM said...

I'm missing my mama as well.. though she's in FL and we're up in MA. The distance pulls on my heart, but even if we were close I know there would be some days were I miss her. Those incredible mama-daughter bonds are just that, incredible.
Lovely Realities and Blessings :)

Gena @ Thinking Aloud on April 17, 2010 at 12:46 AM said...

Awesome images !!!! Great detail and adore the little "hen" party - so cute!!!!!!
Gena @ Thinking Aloud
a photoblog

Maegan Beishline on April 17, 2010 at 7:31 AM said...

What wonderful R&Bs this week, Johnna! Yes, sometimes getting chores done is not the blessing...but the other things that happen are nothing short of magic! And that's wonderful that you have such a wonderful relationship with your mama! And, oh, rocking babies...nothing better! I love those rare opportunities when my babies let me baby them...it's so precious!

Beautiful photography, Johnna! Really!

Cindy Knull on April 17, 2010 at 9:44 AM said...

The second image of the girl holding the daffodils is wonderful. This is really a great idea of posting realities and blessings. You have "blessed" me with your honesty. :)

Post a Comment