Friday, April 9, 2010

realities and blessings : Week Four


Started by the amazing Maegan at :: A Life Set to Words Realities and Blessings is a weekly dose of all the reasons we struggles and all the reasons we are still so blessed!

Pop over and check out her blog, it's delightfully honest and so comforting...



Realities and Blessings : Week Four

This is really just a blessing... but I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and warm thoughts. My Brother in Law is doing great!! The doctor really worked to find some better solutions and safer routes to take, He's already gained 5 lbs and is well on his way to a full recovery -- without surgery! YAY! Also, the doctor worked to find ways of cutting the costs of the procedures and prescriptions... taking what would have been at least 300.00 for one prescription for the month to less than 18.00 for ALL the prescriptions he needs! I know that there is power in prayer and it means so much to all of us that we had you all helping us out. Tomorrow he's getting married!! So things are looking up!


{{ hugs }}


:: Reality ::

The reality is that this week has been nothing if not stressful, my emotions are on pushed to the limits and I am struggling to keep my wits. I find myself unable to focus or get done all I need to get done.

:: Blessing ::

Truthfully, the blessing really came in having to take time outs. Having to walk away and collect myself. Usually I keep it together so, I forget to step back, take a deep breath and remember that it's all okay. To pat myself on the back for what I have done and to be gentle with myself. Stepping away from the computer and focusing on things I wanted to do with the kids or the house went a long way... but, I did miss the computer too.


:: Reality ::

I am completely on edge about the Wedding I'm shooting tomorrow for my Brother and (soon to be ) Sister in Law... I want so badly for this to be perfect... for it to be a gift not some lame set of snapshots... and I cann't seem to get my head right about it. I am having trouble sleeping and really feel like I am going to fail miserably.

:: Blessing ::

Well, I have the blessing of shooting a wedding, which I would not get to do except for them having confidence in me... Also... tomorrow is such a special day that I know, no matter what, love and joy will be in the air. And... even if all I can offer them is some snap-shots, at least I can contribute to making sure their wedding is documented. Anyhow... they will love me either way, right.



Have a super week, full of blessings... xox

6 comments:

{Amy} on April 9, 2010 at 4:35 PM said...

Wow Johnna, your photos are absolutely gorgeous! I love your Realities & Blessings, I thought of participating this week but by today I was afraid all I would have was a grumpy list of realities to post! :)
Good luck shooting the wedding, you will do wonderful, no doubt!

Maegan Beishline on April 9, 2010 at 4:42 PM said...

Dear Johnna, I can totally relate to your angst over the wedding and your performance tomorrow. I would {and have} felt the same way before doing something so important. But let me assure you that you will do great! You are an amazing photographer with an eye for the truly beautiful things in this world. You SEE things...really SEE them...and you will capture that tomorrow with your camera and you will give them the kind of wedding pictures that every couple dreams of having...but very few get! Do not underestimate your skills and your unique eye...they are truly valuable assets! xoxo Knock 'em dead!

Andrew, Naomi, Madeline and Oliver on April 9, 2010 at 5:21 PM said...

You will do great at the wedding tomorrow!

Corinne on April 9, 2010 at 5:29 PM said...

You will do wonderful at the wedding :) your photos are incredible.
And yay for your brother in law!

Beth Simmons on April 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM said...

I enjoyed reading your realities and blessings. I'm so happy your brother in law is doing so much better. I didn't realize he was the one getting married too. I am so excited for you to be shooting the wedding. I know you will do wonderfully. It's just like Maegan said. You have an eye for seeing what is special. I can hardly wait to see some of your wedding work!!!

Misty Wallace on April 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM said...

Wonderful!! So glad to hear your brother in law is doing better!! God is so Awesome. I agree there is power in Prayer! I am in a wonderful marriage only due to all the wonderful prayers in my life..I get so excited to think about all God has done in my life!! Wow!!!! great photos as always..Looks like you got some great shots of the wedding. . Love your blessings and realities. God Bless.

Post a Comment