Friday, April 30, 2010

Realities and Blessings : Week Seven


 
Realities and Blessings
(are you totally sick of seeing my face)
 
Hello Again ... Welcome Back... or just Welcome ( for those of you visiting for the first time) -- this is another week of Realities and Blessings...

Thanks to the Amazing Maegan of A Life Set to Words , who shared this inspiring idea and encouraged us to play along ... I am one of many women finding more blessings and more hope each day... thank you Maegan. xo

Reality::
Before posting my blog earlier today about learning to love yourself , I was pretty nervous. To know all the yucky things about yourself is one thing, but to put them out there... written down, well, it's a lot different...

Blessing::
I have such lovely people in my life. The response to it was one of the largest I have ever had, and you all made my fears dissapear. Thank You... you'll never know what a blessing it was...


Reality::
Camden Days is going on in town today, and that means all kinds of yard sales and wonderful vintage finds waiting to be discovered... and for a whole bevey of reasons, I couldn't go. I have to say I was bummed, even feeling sorry for myself.

Blessing::
Instead of wallowing, I took my sis-in-law to work, the decided to take the kiddos for ice cream at the local dairy bar - "The Depot". We even parked and sat outside to enjoy the warm sunshine. It was delightful, and they were so happy! Well worth missing Camden Days -- plus, I didn't add to the ever growing pile of stuff to sort either...


Reality::
Earlier this week, out of the blue, we got the news that John's Dad had had a cat-scan done and there were 2 large masses in his lungs. He has smoked since he was 16 in a very heavy way and on top of that, worked closely with asbestos breathing a lot in... so, you know what we all feared.

Blessing::
After what seemed like forever waiting, and a lot of "I love you's" said, we got the news... NO CANCER! A miracle by any standards. The masses had been bits of corn, aspirated into his lungs. Not only good news, but something to kind of make you smile. You can imagine the jokes, "Dad, you don't need to literally inhale your food" and "Dad, you're CORN-tagious" ... awful, but what a blessing.

another week full of highs and lows, but life is good...
Hope you have a SUPER week!!

4 comments:

Corinne on April 30, 2010 at 6:31 PM said...

Wow - what a miracle!
And gorgeous photos :) I haven't read your previous post from today, so I'm off to read now....

Maegan Beishline on April 30, 2010 at 6:34 PM said...

I'm so glad that your earlier post is touching so many women! It is your honesty and sincerity that makes us all want to keep coming back here! I'm so glad that you're father in law is cancer-free! What a relief!

{Amy} on April 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM said...

I don't think we could tire of pictures of you--just gorgeous! Great photos today and yes, you certainly do have blessings to out-weigh all the little realities of life this week!
Now I am off to read your previous entry...

Amber Rosie on May 1, 2010 at 6:52 AM said...

I love th Depot. It is the best! I am glad that now I can consider it 'just down the road!' I am glad to hear about John's dad, that is a great blessing!

Post a Comment