Friday, April 2, 2010

Realities and blessings : Week Three



Realities and Blessings

What a Week
and what a weekend ahead


:: Reality ::

The reality is, that I have barely been able to breathe, much less steal a moment all week. It's been a frenzy of things, preparing for Easter, cleaning, and just life. I've missed indulging in some me time here and on flickr, and I feel like my head is spinning.

:: Blessing ::

The Blessing... that I have gotten to see my mommy twice this week, shared the fun of egg-dying with 3 kids with not only Mom and Mom-in-Law ... but also my Nana ( that's GREAT nana - as she always points out *wink* ). I got to go grocery shopping with hubs which literally NEVER happens. Ever. and I got the surprise of finding some outfits and things I had lost while cleaning. I also got to take my sister's senior portraits. We giggled and I am so happy with how they came out... and I think Mommy is too!


:: Reality ::

The trash cans outside keep falling over and I keep standing them up... which, let me tell you, is grating on my last nerve.

:: Blessing ::

When I went out tonight to pick them up, yet again... I was greeted by this lovely little patch of flowers (see above and first photo). It made me smile, it reminded me that the picking up the garbage cans is not so bad, especially when the weather is so nice!!


:: Reality ::

My Brother in Law is pretty sick right now... he had gastric bypass surgery a year ago... two years maybe... and had always had a lot of trouble with it. While he lost the weight ... he has struggled with bleeding, ulcers and the area closing up and having to be re-dilated. After throwing up blood and being unable to eat, he headed to the doctor, was sent home and nothing changed. He ended up in the hospital where they are talking about having to re do the surgery ... it's scary.

:: Blessing ::

It really is hard to find a blessing there... but since God can use anything to his glory, I will say that when someone you love is sick, it reminds you of all the reasons you love them. It takes you back to a place of compassion and caring. It reminds you that we are all so similar, all human... all doing the best we can. It also gets us praying more, and rallying around each other, passing on the prayer request and reminding ourselves the power of prayer. It lets us know that life is precious.

I'd like to ask all of you to keep him in your thoughts and prayers, please.


:: Reality ::

The reality is that holidays are a struggle for me. And if you know what I mean -- you'll know I don't need to explain. And I would rather not elaborate.

:: Blessing ::

The blessing is in the hope and the happiness I have with three wonderful babies to watch celebrate them. That what we are celebrating is a brilliant and amazing thing, That "God so loved this world, he gave his one and only son... so that we would NOT perish, but have everlasting life..."


Have a Beautiful and Blessed Easter
xox

9 comments:

anne marie on April 2, 2010 at 6:40 PM said...

beautiful images! your BIL will be in my prayers and happy early easter to you! (pink.lemonade from flickr)

Corinne on April 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM said...

Happy Easter :)
What beautiful blessings you've found! Gorgeous photos...

Beverly on April 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM said...

beautiful photos and words. Happy Easter to you and your family. I will keep your BIL in my prayers.

janine on April 3, 2010 at 12:28 AM said...

I am going to look really hard for blessings today when I take the rubbish out to our bin in the bucketing rain. Again! Praying for your brother in law and celebrating with you for the amazing gift that Easter is:)

elizabeth on April 3, 2010 at 9:06 AM said...

thank you for the freebies!!!!! you are one awesome mamma!!!
elizabeth

Misty Wallace on April 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM said...

I will be praying for your brother in law!! God is awesome. I agree with you right now for total healing in his body by the blood of Jesus and in the Name of Jesus. Healing comes! Amen!
I wish you and your family a very blessed Easter. Again Thank you for sharing this, You really help me see how much I have to be grateful for. Thanks. You are truly amazing and are a blessing in my life. I know I don't know you but I am very thankful finding you on flickr and reading your blogs. Happy Easter!!!

rasa.ragelskiene on April 4, 2010 at 3:50 AM said...

these are so beautiful:)

Amber Rosie on April 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM said...

Thank you for sharing all of these realities and blessings. I will be praying for you and your family and Glenn.

Happy Easter.

I missed sharing the day with you Saturday.

Maegan Beishline on April 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM said...

Wow...I haven't been here in so long, Johnna! I'm sorry that your brother-in-law was going through all that! But I'm happy to have read that he's now doing better!

The holidays are always difficult for me as well...I hope that you were able to focus on your beautiful kiddos and nothing else!

Post a Comment