Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Apologies, Thank You's and an Teeny Tiny Update



The Apology
I am so sorry, really truly regretful about the time that I haven't been spending on flickr photostreams, facebook pages and beautiful blogs. The fact is that I do want to be visiting, and I am trying to fit it in, but it hasn't been coming together for me. I feel like I'm being an awful friend and neglectful of my relationships. Just know I am really not trying to be a total snoot... I miss you and your lovlies and having the time to devote to sincerely enjoying it all. I am so so so so sorry. I hope you understand.

Many Thanks
I have felt the most generous outpouring of love and encouragement and prayer partnering and the biggest sense of "community" from all of you lately. My blog has exploded, my flickr stream has been flooded and my facebook is beaming with sweetness. Things have been hectic and draining and you all have brought me to a humble, simple, loving place. And it's so greatly appreciated. I feel so undeserving and this connection has inspired and blessed me so. Thank You, so very much. xo

... and the update ...
okay... I am currently in a state of panic.
not the normal kind either. A family down the road from us, literally, just a few houses, in a nice part of our small town mind you, just had their children taken away. Like us, they were living on a smaller income than most around here and with more than one child at home, making messes they were singled out, I think, maybe I'm wrong, but it hit a little too close to home. Apparently, someone smelled something, the police entered the home on the informants suspicions and the house was too dirty tobe lived in, noting dirty dishes as one of a few reasons... not roaches, not drugs, not too many animals or weapons in reach... dirty dishes.
I realize, I don't know the whole story, but, I'm terrified, I have been bleaching everything, scrubbing, laundering, straightening and sorting. The house looks great, but I'm still afraid. There are days when, durring this awful potty training, there may be a smell or too that is not so nice, sometimes I don't get all the dishes done since the kids need me, Sometimes junk gets shuffled to another room rather than sorted.
I just can't bare it. I am praying for peace, and doing what I can, but I am preoccupied with fear.

Also... they found the second meth-lab as well... Lord Help us... and we absolutely cannot move...


I wish, with all my heart, that we could run away... I long for simplicity, and afternoons of leisure and saftey. I feel so threatened... my heart is breaking...

6 comments:

Beth Simmons on May 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM said...

Oh My goodness, Johnna! I just can hardly believe it. Every day I hear or read of something scary like this. I will pray for you that God will give you peace. I KNOW that you are a wonderful mother and no one could ever think otherwise.
As far as Flickr and blogs go, I totally understand. Real life comes first. The people that you are face to face with daily are the ones that you must give your attention to. I know you so enjoy looking at Flickr and keeping up with peoples blogs, but please don't apologize for not having time. Enjoy it when you have time and know that we all love you regardless of whether you comment or read. Take care, Johnna and you and your sweet family will be in my prayers.

the sleepy time gal on May 13, 2010 at 4:25 AM said...

beautiful photography!!!! and blog.

Maegan Beishline on May 13, 2010 at 5:33 AM said...

Oh Johnna...I cannot imagine the fear and heartbreak you must be feeling! But, sweetheart, the normal weird smell, dirty dishes, and cluttered rooms are a normal part of life. Trust me! We currently have all of the above going on...and I vow to discover where that smell is coming from...but for now, we'll just open the windows. There had to be more going on than what it appears on the surface. You are an amazing mom! You have nothing to be concerned about! xoxoxo...and peace to you also!

Corinne on May 13, 2010 at 6:44 AM said...

Know that I'm sending prayers up for you and your family. Cannot even imagine...

Amber Rosie on May 13, 2010 at 7:07 AM said...

Oh, Johnna, it seems there is such tragedy in our area lately. I am praying for that family, as I know they are heart broke. I am praying for you and the kids and John and all of your safety. You are a wonderful mother and it is sad that you should have to fear such things. What a world! I am praying so hard. IT seems everyday there is bad news everywhere. God is in control!

Lori on May 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM said...

May God's peace be with you today.

Post a Comment