Thursday, May 27, 2010

a memory borrowed


The back reads "Mother in Florida" in my wonderful Nana's distinct, familiar penmanship.

What a treat to find this while searching for something else entirely. The smile on her face is so special to me. My great Grandma Rose was a nervous woman, tired and soft. She loved us so much... and still, up there in heaven, free of her worries, I know she still does love us, and is running around with this smile on...

I thank God for gifts like this... someone else's memory, that he puts into my hands when I need the smile.

5 comments:

Chesney on May 27, 2010 at 3:21 PM said...

Awesome, this just makes me smile and reminds me of my own grandma!! A happy memory to hold on to for a lifetime!

Amber Rosie on May 27, 2010 at 4:26 PM said...

Oh, this is such an amazing photo of Grandma Rose. She was such a wonderful great-grandma.

Jo Bekah Photography on May 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM said...

This is so touching. What a beautiful memory.

Beth Simmons on May 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM said...

What a wonderful find! I'm so glad you found this and glad you shared it with us:)

Sarah Elizabeth on June 5, 2010 at 7:26 PM said...

Oh,what a great find Johnna!

Post a Comment