Tuesday, May 18, 2010

my kind of people



So, I don't talk much about John being a Freemason. Maybe that's because of the apprehension I felt about the organization before I was witness to it. I guess, I know what happens when people hear the words "Free Mason". Some smile but many cringe. They think, secret society... cult... satanism... a whole bevey of not-so's. But there was a time when that person was me, so I do understand.


When John told me he wanted to join, I was nervous. But we met with them, and that was that... I soon found out I had nothing to worry about.

These men, they're really good, intellegent, kind men, with good wives and good Christian values. All of them speak of their love of the Lord and of family, and loving their wives and putting God first. They support eachother through sickness and financial struggles and are ever so patient with anything you may have going on personally.

They are far from menacing... in fact, they are truly, my kind of people.


Tonight we celebrated a birthday ... we have these monthly dinners for family. It's nice, the coming together. I like the sense of community and the different backgrounds represented. All social classes and age groups represented. All of these men, striving to be better people.

Today, I'm proud of the commitment John made to masonry... and all my fears have diminished. I consider them friends. And while I don't think I will ever trust people blindly... I see that these men, these families, are worth the trusting. I never thought I would be this woman, but I am, and if you are one of those "cringe-rs" ... I urge you to listen when I say, they're just regular men... with strong faith.

3 comments:

SimplyMontessori on May 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM said...

Love the last photo, especially! ♥

Teresa on May 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM said...

I've always wondered what freemasons were. I don't know if there are many out here but it's interesting reading about it, thanks for sharing. You two are adorable in that last photo!

Amber Rosie on May 19, 2010 at 6:11 AM said...

THe picture of you and Roost is just too cute!

Post a Comment