Saturday, May 15, 2010

Realities and Blessings : Week Nine



Realities and Blessings : Week Nine
another day late edition

Hello Again ... Welcome Back... or just Welcome ( for those of you visiting for the first time) -- this is another week of Realities and Blessings...

Thanks to the Amazing Maegan of
A Life Set to Words , who shared this inspiring idea and encouraged us to play along ... I am one of many women finding more blessings and more hope each day... thank you Maegan. xo 




Reality ::
Camden Ohio, Population 2,182 ... which means everyone knows everyone's business, or what they "think" you're doing... People gossip like crazy and form cliques like it's high school.

Blessing ::
Camden Ohio, Population 2,182 ... which means I know the people in my town, who to steer clear of, who to trust and I can walk around town feeling generally safe. I know that because we all know eachother, we kind of leave eachother alone, they might talk behind my back and make up stories, but no one is going to sneak up and mug me either. I know the people on the sexual predator list and it's an incredibly small list, I basically get along with everyone and go about my business. It's not always ideal but if I am going to live in town, I am glad it's this one.

PS -- all these photos were taken in our little town today... we have some great old buildings and doorways :)




Reality ::
Our sleeping arrangements are ever changing and turned upside down, nothing like I wanted...

Blessing ::
Letting go of my ideas about parenting, namely sleeping arrangements, led for a smoother routine. The kids are getting more rest, so am I and all it took was letting them choose which bed they slept in. Rooster and Lydia switch off from the downstairs bed to the upstairs, taking turns, and Layla gets her bed. Someday we may all be in our own rooms, but till then, the main thing is that we are all getting the sleep we need, happier during the day and more eager to rest at bedtime. Parenting has so little to do with plans, and so much to do with adaptation and an ability to try.


Reality ::
I am WORN OUT... for a whole week I have sorted things that haven't been sorted for years, thrown away piles of junk and scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed this house down. And all because of some unfounded fear that someone was going to take my babies away.

Blessing ::
My house is clean, despite the everyday messes that pop up and I actually have my own space now. All the sorting made room for my desk, my shelf of vintage books and camera's, and other things I love to have a home. I can open my little window and let in the breeze and watch the kids from across the gate. The rooms are rearranged to accommodate easier maintaining and more open space for the kids to play, and I know where almost everything is, perfect, since Lydia starts school this fall :) I wish I hadn't tweaked out so bad, but at the same time, it forced me to tackle the things I have been shuffling instead of sorting, and it feels good!




Life is Good, and I hope that goes for you too!

11 comments:

Sofies Haus on May 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM said...

This sweet little girl ist soooo cute!!!And your images are awsome! Hughs from Germany, Anja

Maegan Beishline on May 15, 2010 at 9:44 AM said...

Johnna...these pictures are amazing!!!! May I asked what you used to process them?

Beth Simmons on May 15, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

I already said it on FB but I wanted to tell you again that these images are just wonderful. I so love your work!! I also loved reading your realities and blessings. I know what a wonderful feeling it is to have gone through your whole house and know it's thoroughly cleaned. I know it from past experience not from any recent thorough cleanings:) I'm sorry though, that such a scary experience happened to you.

tammymcchesney on May 15, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

OMGosh...these pictures are so adorable...you have a way of capturing portraits so that the personality shines!

Rita on May 15, 2010 at 10:31 AM said...

Great post! We have the same sleeping situation in our house. The boys will sleep somewhere different every night if they could, including on the floor and UNDER the bed. It bothered me at first, but then I decided it was cute and they wouldn't be doing it when they were adults. And yes, they often crawl into bed with us. And honestly, it is a tight fit but I love it!

I have decided to enjoy these little funny things, because my boys are growing up so quickly and I will look back at the bed mixup as a great memory. :-)

Shannon on May 15, 2010 at 12:17 PM said...

Love your work!

kimi kreations on May 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM said...

oooohhhhhh..... love the contrasty look to these.
What a bunch of cuties!

~kimi~

Kris's Kaptured Moments on May 15, 2010 at 1:07 PM said...

These are some of the most beautiful images of your kiddos I've seen so far. I LOVE how precious each and every child is in your home..

Laura on May 15, 2010 at 5:04 PM said...

I LOVE this idea! I think that is such a great way to look at seemingly negative things - putting a positive [and ohhhh so important] spin on it.

And the locations for your pictures today?? TO DIE FOR! I LOVE them! Our town is too big for that kind of quaint feel and I'm sad that it's missing.

Gladie on May 16, 2010 at 8:10 AM said...

Wonderful photos! They are so delicate & serene :)

Jerry Jones on May 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM said...

Wonderful post.
I find it refreshing to find other everyday people and small towns.

BTW ......what a lovely bunch of kids, love your style.

Post a Comment