Saturday, May 22, 2010

Realities and Blessings : Week Ten



 Realities and Blessings
Week Ten

Hello Again ... Welcome Back... or just Welcome ( for those of you visiting for the first time) -- this is another week of Realities and Blessings...

Thanks to the Amazing Maegan of
Life Set to Words , who shared this inspiring idea and encouraged us to play along ... I am one of many women finding more blessings and more hope each day... thank you Maegan. xo 








So... I wanted to share something with you, in honor of my tenth week of realities and blessings...

The reality is, the photo above is my home...
Yes, I have two garden gnomes standing guard in the front, I have at least one stroller on the porch at all times and a castle in the front patch. This is our front yard, a little plot of grass... not that much room, nothing like I grew up on. The siding is old and needs washed. The shutters need painted and the door needs replaced... it's completely the wrong size.
The back yard is in full sun at almost all times of day. It's too sunny in the summertime to keep the kids out very long, and the shed in the back is rotting away.
Inside, holes need patched, drywall needs replaced, rooms need painting and flooring needs redone.

The Blessing... I am raising all three of my babies here, this is our home and I love it. In the front yard is a perfect place to use our sidewalk chalk and have picnics. We have a church right next door and a library around the corner.I have tall windows that let in loads of light, and 10 foot ceilings. I have an upstairs and bedrooms for all three of my children. I have an office of my own, and my family is no more than 15 minutes away... some closer. The school is a skip up the road, that I can walk to, and I feel safe. I have always felt home here... always... and though she needs much work there is a lot of history here, and I love that we are adding to that. I enjoy the journey to fixing things up. Getting enough money together for a gallon of paint and staying up late with the hubs to change the way the whole room looks. I love the barn that sets across the alley, that I use as a backdrop for a ton of shoots of the kids. I love that I can walk around town with three kids and it's no big deal...

I am home and I love my home.



Have a Great Week

6 comments:

Beth Simmons on May 22, 2010 at 7:32 PM said...

I love your pretty, inviting home. I love all the family things that I read or imagine happen in your home. I love the character of your home. I imagine your home being a wonderful place to be because of the sweet family that lives there and makes it wonderful:)

Jo Bekah Photography on May 22, 2010 at 7:38 PM said...

Oh how beautiful! I love the first and last photo especially...The way each child is engrossed in something different is perfect!

SimplyMontessori on May 22, 2010 at 10:01 PM said...

This is a great post!
I think we all get into the habit of noticing everything we want to change, but I love so many things about our house too, and this is a great reminder that your dream home is the home where your dreams live.

Chesney on May 23, 2010 at 7:23 AM said...

It is love that makes a house a home...you captured that love brilliantly!

Maegan Beishline on May 23, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

It is evident that you truly do make your house a home! And I love garden gnomes!!!

Beverly on May 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM said...

love all the photos, love your home. makes me miss our old house in Pennsylvania

Post a Comment