Tuesday, May 25, 2010

the release



So, we said bye to Tortuga today. Around noon we headed over to Mamaw and Papaw's (John's Parents) House.

What a horrendous morning Tortuga endured. First thing Rooster tossed him, then Lydia wouldn't stop trying to put clothes on him. I felt awful for him. And made him stay in a little red bucket near me, till I was ready to go.

We let him run around the yard at Mamaw and Papaw's and he immediately tried to escape, looking over his shoulder to see if the "enemy" -- aka my children, were watching... he made it all the way to the fence and Lydia spotted him, ran over and carried him back. It was funny but sad. Then, after we spent some time playing, we went to find him and he was gone!! I feared the worst since they live beside a train track. I decided to go check the tracks, and there, headed right for them, was Tortuga. This little dude must have a death wish... Needless to say I took matters into my own hands and brought him to a little wooded area in the bottom of the yard away from the kids, the train and the other immediate dangers. I patted him, and said goodbye.



And hopefully he makes it... he stands a better chance without us, I'm sure ;)

5 comments:

J. on May 25, 2010 at 8:32 PM said...

Priceless! That shot, and the 'looking over his shoulder for the enemy' has be grinning away. Too cute :)
Farewell Tortuga!

Jo Bekah Photography on May 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM said...

Aww, sad! This is a cute picture. I love how you got right down there with him; the best way to do it!

Chesney on May 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM said...

Homeward Bound!! :) I am sure he will do fine on his journey! What a wonderful Farewell!

Miss McClain on May 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM said...

He seems so happy in this picture. He's ready to embark on a new adventure... one without wearing clothes. Hehe!

Amber Rosie on May 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM said...

I laughed through this...your kids are so funny!

Post a Comment