Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Touch of Grace



A Touch of Grace
... and a little sass too
Layla Grace... on any given day you'll hear her referred to as any of the following... Gracie, Lay-Ler, Grossy Grace, Layla Gross, Thunder Butt, Turd, Angel Baby, BeeBee Grace, and sometimes Lydia even calls her "Gum Drop Button".
Truthfully Layla Grace was the only name she ever had, John knew he wanted a Layla, I tagged on the Grace and she was Layla Grace from the beginning.


Layla is my last baby. I say last, since we have taken steps to be sure, as well as, that after much prayer and discerning, I knew my world was whole, that all our children were hear and that 3 was our perfect number... obviously, if God saw fit to toss aside our plans, and give us another, I would embrace and cherish it.... but I can feel the bittersweet end of an era upon me.
And as she grows more independent by the day, approaches her 2nd birthday, and comes into the "she" she will be... I am reminded that we live a blessed life.


Layla is joy...
She is the most happy, bright, smiling child. Every bit the girl her sister is, and every bit the daredevil her brother is. A handful and a heartful. She talks in a series of grunts, bellows and very expressive words. She jumps so good and loves to impress people. Lately she has decided she needs to be a baby again, bringing her cup and blanket to you, saying "BeeBee" and reaching for you to hold her. Of course, we all do, and she eats it up. She loves her family and loves exploring. She faces everything with excitement and enthusiasm. She loves food and fingerpaints, bubbles and blocks... easy to please, and still, somehow, demanding to boot.


I love it when she wakes, later than the rest, comes to her gate and calls out "mama, mama" gentle and sleepy... and greets me with a smile and outstretched arms.
I love it when she does something she knows is wrong and looks back to make sure I saw her, smiling and beaming with rotten-ness.
I love that one of her first words was "pitcher"...
I love that she reminds me of Cindy Loo Who from my alltime favorite "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" -- the original... ;)
I love that she looks up to her big sister and wants to be just like her big brother
And I love that she puts that sweet little nose to the paper, crayon clutched in her tiny, chubby hand, scribbling her heart out, and so proud to share he masterpiece.
I couldn't love her more...


While she cannot speak in full sentences... I will say... it speaks above words when she runs across the yard, arms open wide, bright, open mouth smile on her face, happy to see me... and reminding me of miracles.

7 comments:

tammymcchesney on May 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM said...

Another heartfelt blog entry...Layla Grace is beautiful inside...and out! I LOVE your blog! :)

loki photography on May 13, 2010 at 11:24 AM said...

Oh my goodness, is she the cutest thing you ever saw, or what?!?!

loki photography on May 13, 2010 at 11:26 AM said...

Oh and THANK YOU for the 'visions of sugarplums' action! I'm using it all the time lately :)

Beth Simmons on May 13, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

I have loved reading about all of your sweet children. Layla seems like such a sweetie. I love that she still wants to be a baby sometimes. Madeline does too:) Why not? These post will be something you are your children will always treasure. And of course, the photos are beyond wonderful!

Rosina on May 13, 2010 at 12:51 PM said...

Oh Johnna...when and if I get to blog about either Caleb or Abby, I would just bawl. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by how blessed I am to have them as my own. Layla is such a sweetheart..she's lucky to have you. :)

Shell on May 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM said...

Thank you for sharing these special photographs and words about your beautiful children, I've enjoyed reading about them all :)

anne marie on May 19, 2010 at 12:14 AM said...

these are so sweet!

Post a Comment