Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp : Day Eleven


Hi! Here's the eleventh of my 14 posts for Creativity Boot Camp with Maegan!
This two week course focused on our creativity and pushing ourselves to the next level in our chosen outlet, mine was, obviously, photography :)

Today is the eleventh day
!




First, I would really like to take the time to say Thank You. To say, that I am proud to have taken part in this course, sad to see it wrapping up and amazed at the outpouring I have seen. I am so inspired and so thankful!

 Journal Prompt :

Briefly map out a timeline of your life up until this point. Make sure to note school studies, periods of happiness, life changes, major decisions, jobs, periods of happiness and comfort, etc. Now, looking back at your life, can you see how each of those points led you to where you are right this minute? 
 
I was born in 1984.
I was born into a family with very little money, but so much love.
My mom was never fussy or high matinence, and she instilled that into me as I grew.
She stayed at home and was there for me.
I went to school. I was shy and timid.
I didn't make friends easily... I was made fun of.
I got older.
I fell in what I thought was love many times over... it was never love. not real love.
My heart was broken.
I mourned.
I struggled.
I was not allowed to do the things that my friends did...
I avoided all drugs.
I avoided all alcohol.
I avoided mistakes... the kind you can't take back.
I became emptathetic.
I got a job.
I found John.
I stood for what was right.
I became a mother...
I became a mother of two...
I became a mother of three.
I went through crippling fear.
I went through loss.
I still battle myself.
I turned 25.
I am strong. 
 
Today's Theme was "Hush"...
 
I found it hard to portray "hush" in a single photo. For me, Hush is a feeling. It's a state of being, a mood, a moment.
 
It's the pause at bathtime, it's the emotions expressed in silence - in a child's eyes, it's a patient bloom, waiting to open.
Hence the mosaic above... but here are the individual shots...
 
 











... ... ... ... ...

and here's one more, just cause it's cute



 

5 comments:

J. on June 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM said...

"just cause it's cute"
OMG it's ADORABLE!!! Look at those wrinkly little feet ... I love it!
Hasn't this course been fantastic? Kudos to Maegan, times 100, for sure.

Corinne on June 16, 2010 at 9:54 AM said...

Those are gorgeous, and so cute! I love the big bowl :) The last one is leaving me with such a huge smile on my face, thank you!

Traci on June 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM said...

Oh, yeah...beyond cute IMHO! Such wonderful photographs!

OpanaskoART on June 16, 2010 at 1:00 PM said...

It's beautiful!!!

Tammy Lee Bradley on June 16, 2010 at 4:13 PM said...

That last one is amazing. Love Love!

Post a Comment