Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp : Day Four



(one of my inspiration photos)


Hi! Here's the fourth of my 14 posts for Creativity Boot Camp with Maegan!
This two week course will focus on our creativity and pushing ourselves to the next level in our chosen outlet, mine will, obviously be photography :)

Today is the fourth day and I would encourage you all to join in!

Journal Prompt :

First, Maegan asked us to go outside and get ispired, without thinking about the composition of the photos, just shoot!

Now I’d like you to look at your photos. There’s no need to print them…looking at them on the computer will work fine. Think about what specifically motivated you to take certain pictures. Was it something small and unique about your subject? Was it the color? Was it how certain elements came together and played off of one another?  Get detailed. Think about it a lot…as if you were trying to tell a child what made that beautiful. If you were to go back and attempt to re-take the pictures, capturing only the elements that you were drawn to, how would you frame the shot?

It has been raining here... lots, and the kids are not behaving so I knew that the walk I wanted to take wouldn't happen, but - not to be deterred - I did pop outside and try to find some inspiration. Immediately, I saw this little leaf on the tin roof of our bird house, and cupped inside the leaf a large water droplet.
While taking the "quick photo" I found myself unable to remove from my mind the technical aspects. Which sort of thrilled me : ). I saw the delicate lines in the leaf, the crisp green color and the slight curl at the edges of the leaf, I saw the tin roof that complimented the fresh green and I took note of the perfectly placed droplet on the leaf. I saw the finished product... I saw the editing I would do to keep it clean and enhance it's refreshing quality. It was beautiful because it was natural. It wasn't trying to be a perfect leaf with a water droplet on it... it just was.

Our Theme today was "Heavy Metal" and I was able to think somewhat outside the box, I think... the first thing that came to my mind was my wedding rings.


I know, I know, this was supposed to be lighthearted... but... this is how my mind works, and I am not going to fight it.
Have you ever heard that song, "Golden Rings" that George Jones and Tammy Wynette used to sing? Well, in it... it says "...by itself, it's just a cold metallic thing, only love can make a golden wedding ring"... and that's how I feel... this wedding band is heavy with commitment. It means a lot to me, and it's a symbol of eternity.

(( smaller ones are sooc ))

6 comments:

Moonstruck Mommy on June 9, 2010 at 11:58 AM said...

My first thought was my wedding ring too! Great minds think alike, right? :) Beautiful Shots!

Beth Simmons on June 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM said...

I LOVE these images! I LOVE your interpretation of heavy metal! I LOVE how you've been posting your before and after images. These are all awesome!

J. on June 9, 2010 at 1:08 PM said...

These are wonderful!
And that song brings back many, many childhood memories. I think I was pretty much raised on George Jones, Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn! LOL!

Mary on June 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM said...

what a creative idea from that prompt, and absolutely beautiful images!

Corinne on June 9, 2010 at 4:45 PM said...

Your rings are gorgeous, lady! How unique and wonderful :)

Tammy Lee Bradley on June 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM said...

Very nice take on the assignment. See you tomorrow. Tam

Post a Comment