Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp : Day Ten



Hi! Here's the ninth of my 14 posts for Creativity Boot Camp with Maegan!
This two week course will focus on our creativity and pushing ourselves to the next level in our chosen outlet, mine will, obviously be photography :)

Today is the tenth day
and I would encourage you all to join in!


Journal Prompt :
Maegan asked us to really sense the world around us, take in the sights, sounds, smells... everything, all day. And while it is only 2 here, in an effort to stay caught up, I am going to report my day so far and vow to keep it up the rest of the day as well :)


She asked...

At the end of your day, think about the millions of sensations you experienced. Try to answer these questions…

Which ones stand out in your mind as being the most pleasant?
Were there any that were repulsive?
Did any bring back memories from your past?
Did any motivate you to do anything particular?
Did any of these sensations inspire you in your creations?
If you were to try and capture creatively any of these sensations, how would you do it?

The most pleasant parts of the day included taking some photos of Layla, listening to the birds and her giggling. It included the smell of rain still on the breeze at 7 this morning when we headed out for a walk. 
I loved smelling the tea when I opened the pouch to set up a still life today, and seeing all the new growth around me.
None of the things I noticed today were repulsive, but I am a pretty laid back momma, and I think that helps.
There isn't a day that goes by that something doesn't remind me of my past. Something as simple as the warm, midday sun on my neck brings me back to my blessed childhood.
All of this listening, watching and waiting really DID inspire me, I had a still shot picked for our theme today, but after opening the day up to live and be, I have another shot that I will share. The feeling of the grass inspired me to shoot photos of layla in it, emphasizing the height of it.  Also, opening my eyes helped me to see that little "stinker bug" at the top of the post :)
I see so much emotion in my children's expressions. They are so sincere in all they do. That's how I like to convey sensations...

Our theme today was "Full-Bodied"...

This is the shot I initally took...





And this one of Layla is the one I decided to go with : )

Full-Bodied Tea :) 

3 comments:

Corinne on June 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM said...

Lovely lovely photos! I'm having a tough time with the prompt today, but adore your take.

Feather on June 15, 2010 at 1:36 PM said...

i enjoyed the before and afters of your shots. do you mind me asking...what actions are you using?

{Amy} on June 16, 2010 at 6:58 AM said...

love the shot, what a beautiful little girl!

Post a Comment