Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp : Day Three


Hi! Here's the third of my 14 posts for Creativity Boot Camp with Maegan!
This two week course will focus on our creativity and pushing ourselves to the next level in our chosen outlet, mine will, obviously be photography :)

Today is the third day and I would encourage you all to join in!

Journal Prompt :

Name some of your biggest creative buzz kills, including a person or two, and disarm them! 

My biggest creative buzz kills... well... the fear of looking like an idiot to someone who I think knows more than me... or to look ridiculous and have people who don't know a thing, laugh and point.
I stand in my own way a lot of the time.
Even in High School, and Middle School before that, I had a hard time embarking on a new journey. The knowing that I would not be the best and the fear of failure kept me from embracing all the things I loved to do...  or just wanted to try. 
I know it sounds like a cop-out to name myself as the person who creates my "buzz kill", like I am trying to get off the hook for something, but in this journey... creatively, spiritually and personally, I am by far the biggest stumbling block I face. I have to learn to be more gentle with myself and set my own standards... I have to see the progress I AM making and keep my goals realistic. 

Our Theme Today was "Multilayered" and while I wanted to go beyond the word, like the amazing Jade,  I saw this multilayered, origami elephant and I wanted so badly to photograph him... I think he is so sweet :)



(( sooc are the smaller ones ))

I have always loved elephants, ever since I was small. And now, since The Secret Garden, that has only increased...  

4 comments:

Stephanie on June 8, 2010 at 3:09 PM said...

beautiful background!! What lens are you shooting with?

Diana Joy on June 8, 2010 at 4:32 PM said...

Great photos of your multilayered elephant.

Corinne on June 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous shots, incredible job :)

lolo on June 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM said...

Hi Johnna, these photos are really stunning! I pretty much like your processing! Great job!

Post a Comment