Sunday, June 13, 2010

Creativity Bootcamp : Days 7 & 8


Hi! Here's the seventh (and eighth) of my 14 posts for Creativity Boot Camp with Maegan!
This two week course will focus on our creativity and pushing ourselves to the next level in our chosen outlet, mine will, obviously be photography :)

Today is the seventh and eighth day and I would encourage you all to join in!

The journaling for this weekend was private. We were urged to take some time and write and write and write, till we filled 3notebook pages with thoughts and rambling. Letting out anything we needed to "empty". Then toss it.

I have ALWAYS been a big fan of this. It really helps. Usually, I will right a letter to someone, let all my frustration out on paper, then toss it. It feels liberating, and helps keep you from blowing your witness or loosing your cool.

Even though I had a lovely weekend and have had some much needed time celebrating with family, I enjoyed the letting go. It was freeing, and it really cleared my mind. Infact, letting it go, tangibly, helped me let it go emotionally, and helped me be able to pray more focused for the things I hoped for this weekend... and now... I can proudly and humbly say, that it paid off... I received a weekend full of blessings and answered prayers for me and those I prayed for. I couldn't ask for more.

And now, onto a more "creative" note. Here are the Themes for Day 7 and 8...

Day 7 was Fly...


All I could think of, was that now... after years of watching her grow and learn and take in all lessons you do from birth to 18 years... throughout school from kindergarten to graduation... it is now her time to fly... and not just fly, but soar.

There was this verse that My mom kept mentioning... and when they gave her her extra little medal for the memory verses that she memorized during homeschooling... that's all I could think of.

but those who hope in the LORD, will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;  they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31



Day 8 was Ornament...


I just love cameos... they make me smile all over. They are so delicate and sweet and classy and from another time.

1 comments:

Corinne on June 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM said...

Cameos are so... timeless. I love them, but have never had one :) I can just imagine holding one and running my fingers over it. Just gorgeous!

Post a Comment