Thursday, June 24, 2010

take a deep breath...


and just write, I thought.
Just take the time to take the time...
who cares if it's good or not, you need this blog, you need this space, you need to write the words that are filling your heart.

and so...

here

we

go...


there's villiage 'roud here
with a winding road that cuts it in two
and hold memories
that I can't bear to see...
I keep my eyes to the road
And try not to think
of the time that's past me by
Or the things that beckon to me...
'Cause fairytale's don't live here anymore
And it's killin me to try to fight
These tears that fall from both my eyes...
And the ache inside me grows
with all the things I pretend not to know...
And your voice lingers
On the heavy summer air...

O someone get me out of here...

--- --- --- --- ---
Somedays, grief is bigger... bigger than I can ignore.
And Summer brings it back to me... I think because the heaviness of a beating sun at a summer days end feels like a memory.

3 comments:

J. on June 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM said...

Big hugs and smooches Johnna.
Memories only have the power that we give to them.
xoxox

Feather on June 25, 2010 at 5:32 AM said...

whatever your pain, don't fight it. in my experience, out of these aches in our hearts grows something new. clarity. blessing. wisdom.

keli @ kidnapped by suburbia on June 25, 2010 at 2:51 PM said...

xoxoxo

Post a Comment